As part of Sightsavers continual growth and expansion in Norway, they are seeking to recruit a Head of Fundraising and Marketing, to oversee their Norwegian programme.
Sightsavers is a UK-based international charity which fights avoidable blindness and promotes equal opportunities for visually impaired people. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We work with our partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities. We have around 550 staff worldwide, with our head office based in Haywards Heath, United Kingdom.
The Global Fundraising team is accountable for raising around £35m of largely unrestricted income across the UK, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Norway, India, UAE and the US. As part of Sightsavers continual growth and expansion plan across the Nordics, we are seeking to recruit a Head of Fundraising and Marketing to oversee the Norwegian programme.
This is an amazing opportunity to develop, shape and lead on the implementation of the fundraising strategy, which will diversify and increase income to further the mission of Sightsavers. The post-holder will have accountability and responsibility for the development and leadership of this ambitious fundraising and development strategy and its delivery throughout the organisation.
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing for Norway will provide overall strategic direction and management of all fundraising efforts with a particular emphasis on major donors, trusts and foundations (including the Postcode Lottery) and corporations at a national level. The post holder will need to commit to international travel to the UK, probably for a few days each month.
The post holder will also be responsible for cultivating and developing the Norwegian Board, and establishing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and Insamlingskontrollen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and autonomous, self-starter. This is the perfect opportunity to carve a role and be responsible for implementing an ambitious growth programme.
The Head of Fundraising and Marketing has primary responsibility for the overview of the entire Norwegian programme. As part of this the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy for Norway.
- Develop fundraising and marketing strategies and manage a range of activities for Norway.
- Oversight of Individual Giving including Supporter Care – working with Profundo. (Campaign management to be undertaken by global direct marketing team).
- Be the spokesperson for Sightsavers Norway as the lead on relationship building with Insamlingskontrollen, and other charities.
- Working with the Global Head of Digital Fundraising, lead on digital activity including social media, digital advertising and keep the website up to date with relevant stories in order to grow the donor base.
- Identify, negotiate and steward new funding partnerships in corporate fundraising and with local trusts and foundations to diversify and grow the funding portfolio. This will include the Postcode Lottery and an application for the annual Telethon.
- Work with the Global Institutional Funding Team to develop the relationship with NORAD.
- Develop the legacy fundraising programme.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with Major Donors.
- Liaise and meet regularly with the Head of Fundraising and Marketing, Sweden, to ensure consistency of message across the region.
- Cultivate and work with the Norwegian Board to further the mission of Sightsavers Norway.
Personal attributesEducation and QualificationsLanguages
- At least five to eight years of proven and relevant experience in fundraising and development in an organisation with diverse fundraising streams.
- Proven expertise across multiple fundraising channels including traditional and digital fundraising initiatives, supporter/donor engagement and experience of generating income from corporate, major donor, trusts, foundations and individual sources.
- Experience of developing and implementing long-term fundraising strategies, coordinating inputs from a range of stakeholders and adapting these strategies to take account of changes and/or stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrable track record of having grown brand recognition of organisation within a Norwegian context.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, including developing forecasts, budgets and monitoring expenditure for a diverse range of projects.
- Extensive experience of working with funders as an external spokesperson of organisations.
- Demonstrable track record of relationship building with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working with a remote team would be an asset.
- Stature, gravitas and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of Norwegian stakeholders.
- Empathy and interest in Sightsavers mission and objectives.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead influence and motivate others.
- Exceptional communication skills and abilities, self-confidence, energy and a strong spirit of teamwork.
- Commercial acumen with, strategy and planning, financial and budgeting expertise and a flair for innovation.
- Versatility to combine self-management and self-support when working alone with productive team membership when working with the team.
Education and Qualifications
- Relevant university degree, diploma or equivalent. Relevant professional qualification and/or membership of relevant professional body desirable but not essential.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, including the use of standard MS software packages (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), as well as fundraising databases.
- Fluent Norwegian.
- Excellent communication skills in English required: written, oral and presentation.